September 29, 2008

Reeperbahn Festival 2008, Hamburg


Every autumn we have this really great music festival taking place in Hamburg. Three nights new and interesting acts play on the club stages of the Kiez. Some of them are internationally know, others are still on the rise and a bit outstide of the mainstream. This year the line up was really great. I wanted to see, Nada Surf in the first place, but as it always is.. int he end I 
haven´t seen them perform at all, which is not a pain at all, since I discovered some really good "newbies" instead. We started out at Übel&Gefährlich to see the Swedish Band I´m from Barcelona. Really great band. Good music, great athmosphere. Then we went to see Maria Taylor from the US, never heard of her before, exept I have heard her last "song beneath a song" a couple of times while I was in New Zealand this spring. What a coincidence. 
Then from the folkmusician to Constantines from Toronto... they rocked. But a bit too much beer before the show... I´d say! ;-) 

My personal favorite was the last act we went to see Lykke Li from Sweden. Fabulous! 






No comments:

Post a Comment